Today the world is facing a serious epidemic that has changed the dynamics of work, daily routines and family relations. With the need for isolation to contain the escalation of contamination caused by COVID-19, families face serious challenges in dealing with work, financial obligations and family relationships. In order to help families to deal with these challenges, the PARENT Project has gathered a series of resources created and recommended by international organisations, in order to promote healthy, non-violent family relationships.
With schools closed and children at home, with the need to adjust to working from home for some, or with the need to continue work activities at their workplaces for others, we know that the levels of anxiety and uncertainty are very high. In addition, the latest data from several countries alert us to an escalation of cases of domestic violence.
We know that, for different reasons, social isolation represents a different challenge (and risk!) for people, according to the situation in which they find themselves.
In these guidelines you can find several links with relevant information and tips that aim to make your daily routine more positive and safer.
- PARENTING FOR LIFELONG HEALTH: COVID-19 online resources (Open-access online parenting resources in a collaboration from different organisations: WHO, UNICEF, the Global Partnership to End Violence Against Children, the Internet of Good Things, USAID and Center for Disease Control and Prevention)
- Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) advice for the public: Healthy Parenting (WHO)
- Q&A on COVID-19, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding (WHO)
- Taking care of others and yourself: Guidance during COVID-19 and beyond (MenCare – A Global Fatherhood Campaign)
- The Impact of COVID-19 on Gender Equality (Titan M. Alon, Matthias Doepke, Jane Olmstead-Rumsey, and Michèle Tertilt)
- New Resource Pack: Positive Parenting in COVID-19 Isolation (End Violence Against Children)
- Coronavirus: 5 ways to work from home with your kids (and stay sane) (World Economic Forum)
- Tips for parenting during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak (UNICEF)
- Corona crisis – leaflet for men under pressure: initiative to prevent domestic violence (Männer.ch)
- Supporting Families During COVID-19 (Childmind.org)
- Parents and COVID 19: Helping Your Children to understand what is happening (Info About Kids)
- COVID-19: Sexual Health Help and Services (Brook.org)
- Coronavirus infection and pregnancy (Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists)
- Overcoming the challenges of co-parenting for separated and divorced parents (Kingsley Napley Co)
- Tips for handling work and kids during COVID-19 isolation (Live Science)
- How to Care for Kids if You’re Sick With Covid-19 (Wired)